Everything about it was charming and simple. The houses, whose roofs were either thatched or tiled based on income, were quaint and lovely. There is so much antiquity and tradition in So Ko that we just don't have in the US. So Ko is so very old by comparison, and has so much to offer in the way of artistic history.
I was able to learn all sorts of strange and wonderful things about what a "typical" traditional village consists of-- everything from how criminals are punished (tied face-down on a horizontal cross and beaten with wooden rods) to how women ironed clothes (pounded with wooden beaters on a flat stone) to some of the old games (like a hoop toss that resembled the game of Horseshoes).
Anyway, I took a ton of pictures and posted them on Facebook, so check them out. :)
-B
Oh, and just a side note... no matter how many times I change it, the time on my posts is never correct. Blogger can't seem to tell what time it actually is when I post something.
No comments:
Post a Comment